Wednesday, September 27, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Sharing three projects you shouldn’t take on when preparing to sell.
When preparing to sell your house, you need to make sure it’s appealing to potential buyers. Many homeowners rush to fix every little flaw, thinking it will boost their property's value, but not every improvement will yield a significant return on investment. To help you avoid the ones that aren’t worthwhile, here are the top three things you should avoid fixing when getting your house ready to sell:
1. Minor HVAC, electrical, and plumbing issues. While well-maintained and fully functional systems are crucial for any home, addressing minor issues in these areas may not be the best use of your resources. Major problems that could significantly impact the home's livability and safety should be fixed, but minor issues are usually better left for the buyer to handle.
2. Old appliances and windows. It's not uncommon for homeowners to believe that installing new appliances and windows will ...
Thursday, September 7, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Sharing the three most important things you need to do when selling.
If you’re thinking about selling your home anytime soon, you need to know how to get the most money out of it. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking they don’t need to put in any work or that they need to spend enormous amounts of money to increase the value of their homes. The truth is that effort is necessary, but a little bit can go a long way. Here are my three tips for how to increase the value of your home:
1. Make a good first impression. The truth is that the first look can make or break your sale. Potential buyers have already judged your house before they walk in the door—and in today’s market, they’ve even made judgments before that when they saw photos online! Therefore, put in the work to get high-quality, professional photos, as well as improve your curb appeal. This can be as easy as mowing the lawn and putting in fresh flowers.
"Some effor. ...
Monday, August 14, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Here are three essential tips homeowners need to know before selling.
Are you looking to sell your home in the near future? If you are, you need a plan to get the most money possible for your home while ensuring a smooth sale. As a real estate agent, I help people buy and sell houses every single day, so I know what it takes to get top dollar for your property. Here are three things you absolutely need to know before you list your home:
1. Find the perfect price. Pricing can make or break a deal. It's like finding the perfect balance between attracting potential buyers and maximizing your profits. To find the best price for your home, lean on your agent to find comparable homes that have sold recently, analyze the market, and factor in market trends. Remember, setting an inflated price can turn buyers away, while pricing too low might make you lose out on some well-deserved cash. It's all about finding that sweet spot.
2. Master your curb appeal. First impressions matter, an! ...
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 / by Peter MacIntyre
This is one of the craziest markets I have ever seen.
Today I’m standing in front of the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (a building which I helped build when I first moved to Michigan) to bring you a quick market update. If you’re thinking of buying or selling real estate, the past year has been one of the craziest real estate markets we’ve ever seen. The market has never been more favorable to sellers, so now is definitely the time to list.
If you’d like to take advantage of this market or are in need of a home to buy, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.
Thursday, February 18, 2021 / by Peter MacIntyre
Home sellers: Are you looking for someone experienced, trustworthy, and knowledgeable about the market to help you sell your home for the most money possible?Peter MacIntyre of MacIntyre & Cowen RE/MAX Real Estate Professionals Grand River is the agent for the job. Peter can offer you an intense, 12-step marketing plan to capture the maximum number of buyers for your home. Our show-stopping staging ideas combined with cutting-edge marketing tools that swarm your market will get your home seen by as many potential buyers as possible.Peter understands the current market, and he works with sellers to help them make good business decisions and get their homes sold for top dollar—and fast.
We are the experts, and we specialize in residential, luxury, relocation, and new construction home sales. We have expert buyer’s agents who understand both the real estate market and the financing programs available to work around your busy lifestyle.
We create a plane ...