Wednesday, September 27, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Sharing three projects you shouldn’t take on when preparing to sell.
When preparing to sell your house, you need to make sure it’s appealing to potential buyers. Many homeowners rush to fix every little flaw, thinking it will boost their property's value, but not every improvement will yield a significant return on investment. To help you avoid the ones that aren’t worthwhile, here are the top three things you should avoid fixing when getting your house ready to sell:
1. Minor HVAC, electrical, and plumbing issues. While well-maintained and fully functional systems are crucial for any home, addressing minor issues in these areas may not be the best use of your resources. Major problems that could significantly impact the home's livability and safety should be fixed, but minor issues are usually better left for the buyer to handle.
2. Old appliances and windows. It's not uncommon for homeowners to believe that installing new appliances and windows will ...
Thursday, September 7, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Sharing the three most important things you need to do when selling.
If you’re thinking about selling your home anytime soon, you need to know how to get the most money out of it. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking they don’t need to put in any work or that they need to spend enormous amounts of money to increase the value of their homes. The truth is that effort is necessary, but a little bit can go a long way. Here are my three tips for how to increase the value of your home:
1. Make a good first impression. The truth is that the first look can make or break your sale. Potential buyers have already judged your house before they walk in the door—and in today’s market, they’ve even made judgments before that when they saw photos online! Therefore, put in the work to get high-quality, professional photos, as well as improve your curb appeal. This can be as easy as mowing the lawn and putting in fresh flowers.
"Some effor. ...
Monday, August 14, 2023 / by Peter F. MacIntyre
Here are three essential tips homeowners need to know before selling.
Are you looking to sell your home in the near future? If you are, you need a plan to get the most money possible for your home while ensuring a smooth sale. As a real estate agent, I help people buy and sell houses every single day, so I know what it takes to get top dollar for your property. Here are three things you absolutely need to know before you list your home:
1. Find the perfect price. Pricing can make or break a deal. It's like finding the perfect balance between attracting potential buyers and maximizing your profits. To find the best price for your home, lean on your agent to find comparable homes that have sold recently, analyze the market, and factor in market trends. Remember, setting an inflated price can turn buyers away, while pricing too low might make you lose out on some well-deserved cash. It's all about finding that sweet spot.
2. Master your curb appeal. First impressions matter, an! ...
Thursday, December 15, 2022 / by Peter MacIntyre
Friends and Clients,
Happy holidays to you!
The holiday season has officially arrived. We hope you enjoy this wonderful time of year and make some fantastic memories.
We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support. We love helping people make their real estate dreams come true, so thank you for working with us and supporting our business.
This may be a busy time of year, but we are always here to help you and answer any questions you may have. Give us a call or reply to this email; we’d love to help you.
In case we don’t hear from you until 2023, have a happy New Year!
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 / by Peter MacIntyre
Three tips that will help you sell your home for more in this market.
How do you get the most money possible for your home when you decide to sell? Here are the top three tips to remember:
1. Declutter and clean the home. Everyone will tell you that you need to get the clutter out of your home, but I would take this a step further. You should deep clean your home as well. Clean the furniture, clear out the air vents, wash the windows, and get to all the places people normally don’t think about. A big issue for most sellers is how often they have to reclean their homes. That’s why you need to make everything look as nice as possible so you only have to do it once instead of every day it’s on the market.
2. Stage the home. My business partner and I do an awesome job of staging homes for our seller clients. Staging your home right truly helps it sell quickly and for more money.
3. Work with an experienced and successful agent. You want ...